Thursday, June 14, 2012

College Football

I was raised to cheer for the Ohio State Buckeyes. My dad is an alumni and we grew up watching the Bucks play football every Saturday afternoon in the fall. I then moved to Columbus, Ohio in 2002 and really caught the Buckeye fever. There is just something in the air down in Columbus on Saturday afternoons. I was able to attend several OSU games while I lived there and it was so much fun to be cheering in the shoe. I miss Columbus for that very reason.

I then went out to Utah to visit my friend Becca & her family in July of 2010. I took some gifts to her 2 boys and of course I brought Buckeye memorabilia. I thought it was appropriate because I was from Ohio and also Becca served her mission in Columbus, Ohio area. Well Becca's husband Mike is a die hard BYU fan and we talked football. It was so fun to get him going about BYU football and how he thinks we Mormons need to all root for BYU football because it's the Lord's school, and that it is. I just don't think of it that way when it comes to football maybe it's because I didn't grow up in Utah.. I'm not saying I do not like BYU football, I just didn't grow up watching them. I do love to see the Cougars win & have a winning season. It was fun to spend time with the Balle family..

Then when Becca came to visit me last September, 2011 - She was sure to bring Hank a present from the Balle Family.
Go Cougars!!






OH - IO
Hank's got the H

2 comments:

  1. Mike loves this post!!! Look at ur boys smile in that byu shirt. He feels so good and happy in it. I'll tell ya what, he can live w us for free when he goes to byu some day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Mike might enjoy this post.. We want Hank to go to BYU bc tuition is so much cheaper then any other university, so will see.. I want to come live with you too while Hank is going to school at BYU.. :)

      Delete