Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cloth Diapers

We are a cloth diaper family! When we got pregnant with Hank, my friend Crystal asked me if I had ever consider using cloth diapers. I was like what!! The only cloth diapers I know is the ones my mom used on us. The white diapers with pins & rubber pants! Crystal said they have changed in so many ways, so she showed us the diapers they were using for Jillian. I thought they were so cute.

I thought about it for months and did the research. We knew it was going to be a huge expense to get started, but knew it would pay off in the long run. We wouldn't have to make diaper runs to Wal-mart & we are not filling up the landfill with disposable diapers.  I thought is was going to be a little overwhelming to get started, but it wasn't has hard as I was making it.

We have 24 bumGenius diapers and have to wash every 2-3days.  I preferre to hang them on the line so the sun is bleaching the stains, but that can only happen in the summer months here in Ohio. I really enjoy using cloth diapers, but most of all we are saving a ton of money in the long run. Plus babies look so cute in cloth with all the different colors they have. Maybe one day I can buy some "pink" ones!!

Hank sporting his cloth diapers
This is what my clothes line looks like every 2 - 3 days in the summer!


Clean diapers & a sleeping baby - Life doesn't get much better!! :)
This is how Hank would help the 1st year - sleeping & being a good boy so I can get the diaper on the line!!

October 2011

1 comment: