Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 1, 2011

My little boy is a year old! It all started at 5am on Friday morning July 1, 2011. I was laying in bed and felt a weird pop in my lower belly. I headed to the bathroom to see what was going on. I stood up and I felt like I wet my pants. I thought wait my water broke??  I was in shock that any of this was going on, so I called my sister Jenny to see what she thought. I told her I think my water broke. She told me to call the hospital to make sure I should head in. I then called Aaron at work to let him know what was going on. I told him that my water broke and he headed home right away.

He called both of our parents to inform them that we were heading to the hospital. It was 6am in the morning. I called the hospital and they said yes you need to head in. I showered and got my things around. I started to feel the contractions then.

We got to the hospital at 7am. They got us in a room right away. I was not ready for this yet because in my eyes I had till my due date which was July 13th. The baby was coming way to early. I was surprised this was happening. They checked me and I was dilated 3cm. Aaron was so excited. They got all the paperwork done in the mean time. I was really starting to feel the contractions and the pain that comes with them.

Then at 10am they asked if I wanted an epidural. I was like "for sure". I had to sign some more papers to get an epidural. With in a short period of time I was feeling a lot better.
My Mom, Dad, sisters (Marsha & Jenny) & nieces (Rudi & Molly) came to the Hospital and waited in the waiting room for the baby to be born. They got there about noon and stayed the entire afternoon & evening waiting for this baby to be born.

The afternoon surprisingly went very fast. I had family members come in and visit me while I progressed.
Feeling good with my epidural - 12:30pm


Then around 5pm, they told me I was 10cm and I could start pushing. We watched the monitor to see when I was having contraction and then I would push. I thought I was pushing hard enough, but I wasn't even close.
Then around 6pm they asked if I wanted to have my epidural turned down so I could feel the contractions a little bit, so then I would feel the urge to push. I thought about it, but I wasn't sure about having it turned down. But, I decided to have it lowered, in order to have the baby come sooner.
Well the nurse came in to turn the epidural down, but turned it OFF. With in 30 minutes, I was feeling my contractions at a 10. Wow, I was in so much pain! I told the nurse I was never doing this again. I said "I can't believe some woman do this more then once". She said, "women forget about the pain" and she had 5 children.  I'm sure I wasn't fun to be around from 6:30 - 8pm when I was pushing. It was so painful, but I did get a baby out of all that pain.

Finally Dr Fofung came in at 7:30ish and I then believed the nurses that I was getting closer. I pushed and pushed and pushed, I then told them I was done pushing. Just get this baby out of me! So Dr Fofung used the forceps to get the baby out. Hank was then delivered at 8:05pm - weighed 8lb 13oz & 21-1/2in long.
I remember hearing it's a boy and I was in shock because everyone thought it was going to be a girl. So, I was starting to think that it was going to be a girl too. I couldn't believe that he was finally here. It was very hard to enjoy the moment of holding Hank for the first time because I was in so much pain. I'm not going to lie, a lot of my tears were from pain not so much joy. After Hank and I were cleaned up my family all came in to meet the new baby. It was fun to see everyone excited about my baby.

Friday night visitors:
  • Mom & Dad
  • Marsha & Rudi
  • Jenny, Chad & Molly
  • Nick, AJ & Mitch
    Hank Aaron


Hank Aaron - 7-1-11

Can you see the pain I'm in from my eyes & my fake smile??
Daddy holding his baby!
5 days before I had Hank
I was huge!
Proud Grandma!

Grandpa Pieracini

Aunt Marsha


Aunt Jenny


Cousin Rudi

Uncle Chad


Uncle Nick
Cousin Molly
 She was at the Hospital 9hrs waiting & 1hr after!!

Aunt AJ

Saturday Visitors
  • Lynnette & Adrianna Hibbard
  • Marsha, Scott & Family
  • Kyle, Kara & Jake
  • Josh & Sara Sauber
  • Jenny, Chad & Family
  • Mom & Dad
  • Rudi & Janey Dunford
Adrianna visiting Hank

The Perry's
Hank & Mommy

It was a nice stay in the hospital. All the nurses were great. Dr Kamp & Dr Fofung came in and checked on us often. It was especially neat to see how Aaron took care of Hank & I. He just loved to hold his new baby boy.

Leaving the Hospital - July 3rd
We left the hospital about 1pm & stopped at Rite Aid for prescriptions. I got home and took a long nap.

Marc & Mimi came up to see Hank that afternoon. I remember being so tired and just wanted to sleep in my own bed. It was a crazy 4th of July weekend and I was not expecting Hank to come this early!! I still had two weeks to go until my due date (July 13th) and a lot of things to get done before he arrived. I guess Hank was ready to come meet his family.

Sunday's Visitors
  • Marc & Mimi
  • Mom & Dad


Grandmother Pohm

No comments:

Post a Comment