Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Elder Allen

My little nephew Even Allen left for his 2 year mission on August 15, 2012. He is in the MTC (Mission Training Center) for 9 weeks in Provo, Utah. Then will head to Riverside, California for the rest of his mission. He was so excited to leave and start a new chapter of his life. I was so excited for him too, but very sad to see him leave. He is a awesome young man and will be able to touch the heart of the people in Riverside while teaching the gospel.

Evan has been gone for 3 weeks now and I still get tears when I think about him. I am so proud of him for the good choices he has made in his life and I'm not even his mom. He is setting a great example for my son Hank. I hope Hank will follows in Evan's and his Dad's footsteps and severs a mission when he turns 19 too. Not looking forward to that day anytime soon.

Here are some pictures at the Toledo airport at 6am in the morning. I didn't look as good as Evan so that is why I'm not in any of them. :)  Hank is still in his PJ.


Looking good for 6am in the morning..

Hank will be 3 years old when Evan gets back!!


                        Evan got set apart as a full time Missionary!!



August 14 & 15th 2012

1 comment:

  1. He is a good looking boy! Shannon you wouldn't have been so emotional if you hadn't spent so much time working at the Dugout with him this last year! He is a good boy for setting a GREAT example for ALL of his nephews and the other little boys in the Primary!!!! Glad he got to serve as a primary teacher for them.

    ReplyDelete